At Jas Stephens, our extensive experience as market leaders in the local area combines with our focus on technology and our professional and friendly staff, resulting in the exceptional service that we are so proud of.
A specialised focus
Our department structure, and focus on specialised Property Management roles, allows each staff member to concentrate on relevant tasks, providing the best customer service to Owner and Renter clients. Our management process and communication throughout the leasing process is second to none.
- Highly experienced, full-time Trust Account staff, allowing for prompt responses to financial queries.
- Disbursements of rental monies to Owners are made within 3 business days of receipted funds.
- In-house Annual Leave coverage avoids overburdened Property Managers and maintains service levels for all clients during times of leave.
- Our long-term retention of Property Managers and associated staff speaks volumes about our staff selection and training processes. We hold our staff in the highest regard, and highly value their diligence, professionalism and their dedication to caring for your investment property.
- Our Property Management team participate in regular internal training sessions, as well as externally sourced training conducted by relevant industry bodies. We focus on providing continual training and improvement opportunities for all our staff.
The Jas Stephens focus on exceptional customer service extends through all aspects of our business.
- Our Property Management team includes a Customer Service Manager, well-versed in all aspects of Property Management and the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Our varied approach to staffing provides a breadth and depth of experience in Real Estate and other relevant customer service – related industries.
Communication and technology are key
We use a combination of specially tailored Property Management software to manage all aspects of our business. Our communication with owners, potential tenants and all other clients is greatly enhanced and informed by keeping the latest technology at our fingertips.
- Owner Portal: Easily access all your property and financial information from anywhere, anytime.
- Inspect Real Estate: Automated inspections bookings system allows prospective tenants to book appointments online at a time that suits them. This maximises exposure and inspection appointments to potential tenants, regardless of rental market fluctuations.
- Allows immediate communication to Owners via email/SMS after every Leasing inspection, as well as detailed weekly reporting whilst seeking new tenants.
- iPad Inspection software: integrates with our standard management system, allowing embedded photographs, and detailed reporting to Owners after each and every inspection throughout each tenancy.
- Key Tracker: Computerised, barcode logging system for office keys, providing easy tracking of key loans to tradespeople or staff. The spare keys to your property are always safe, and never tagged with an address.
Over the years, we’ve developed a streamlined, highly systemized department, with well trained staff who are focused on providing the highest levels of customer service to all our clients.
- Arrears process: All Property Managers monitor rental arrears daily. Any and all rental arrears are addressed systematically, resulting in our consistently low arrears rates. Ask us more about our current arrears rate, and expected industry standards.
- Guaranteed 6 monthly Routine Inspection reporting: with the option for you to attend. Our first routine inspection is held during the third month of each tenancy, allowing for two inspections during each 12 month lease.
- Tenancy Assessment: Your Property Manager will address the rental return of your investment property on an annual basis, and advise on adjustments in accordance with the rental market, industry standards, your current tenancy status and any other relevant factors.
- Minimising vacancy time helps to maximise your income: It is our aim to have your investment property tenanted with the best possible tenants. When your tenants do decide to vacate, we will commence advertising immediately upon your written authorisation, and our Leasing/Open for Inspection process will swing into action.
Jas Stephens has been managing rental properties in Melbourne’s Inner West and helping owners maximise their return on investment for more than 80 years. Our experience and strong market share means we have developed an extensive database of tenants whose history has already been established.
When it comes to listing a rental property, we apply the same innovative marketing tools and techniques that we use in our award-winning sales approach to ensure your property stands out from the crowd and attracts the highest calibre applicants.
The benefits of listing your rental property with Jas Stephens include:
- The highest levels of professional service by a team that is made up of specialist roles in business development and leasing; property managers; accountant and administrative staff to maintain your property’s management needs.
- A property management team who enjoys what they do and take pride in their job. Their work is recognised and rewarded which means a happier, stable team dedicated to support you.
- The adoption of a strict screening process, which enables us to establish current and previous tenancy and employment history.
- A complete credit check on all tenants through National Tenancy Data Base.
Once all this information has been obtained during the rental property listing process, we contact you to discuss the application on its merits, and the final choice of the tenant is your decision.
Our service to clients does not begin and end with letting your property. We apply the highest standards of professionalism to all areas of property management including:
- Up to date maintenance using reliable tradespeople
- Regular routine inspection and reports
- Detailed condition reports
- Consistent communication and updates on market conditions, legislative changes and market opportunities
In summary, we take a proactive approach, which helps deliver positive investment outcomes for our valued clients.