With a population of just under 2000 people, this neat little pocket in Melbourne’s west is nestled between Spotswood and Newport. It’s main shopping strip, Vernon Street, has all the basics – milk bar, fish and chips, cafe with playspace, Indian, pizza, art classes for kids and Westgate Health Co-op where you can join for a small fee and have access to bulk billing with consistent available health care.
There are an increasing number of good cafes, fresh food delis and wine bars emerging in and around the area making it an attractive place to live. The closest train station is Spotswood.
Schools near by include:
- Newport Gardens Primary School
- Newport Lakes Primary School
- Sacred Heart Primary School
- St Margaret Mary’s Primary School
- Westborne Grammar School – Williamstown Campus